Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 8, 2015

Snow is gone - magnolia is blooming AND..... a jewellery post (drumroll please?)

I was sent two 'die-formed' pieces of copper just after Christmas from Art Jewelry Magazine
This was one of them after I punched a bunch of holes in it...

First coat of enamel
I made some of my red enameled poppies to decorate it.. they were suppose to go  around the bump but I couldn't get them to look good on that side so  they went in the bump!
Then I built it a hand made copper and bead chain...
The other piece was oval (I did trim it) The copper was heat treated then'riveted' to an enameled backing  and attached to a 'me-made' copper chain

Couldn't find my liver of sulpher so tried a boiled egg... Never again.  Mainly because I've found my liver of sulpher (right where it was suppose to be - and will never misplace it again)!  and my DH thought it was a major waste of an egg!

To see all the entries click here die-forming-challenge

2 comments:

BluMoon said...

I love the poppy pendant especially you did a great job with both I have always liked the look of enamel just not got anywhere I could set up for doing it.
My magnolias are almost over now just a few flowers left, the east wind got magnolia Vulcan ( I posted a picture in a previous post ) before the winds came but Leonard Messel is still holding on for a bit. Camellias have been exceptionally good this year, I think the lovely warm weather we got last summer helped!
Jackie

AntiquityTravelers said...

what an awesome focal you made! love the intricate flowers. And that second one .... love the links on that and another amazing focal!