Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Cards

Well you might have noticed that I was strangely silent on Dec 9th which was Christmas card day... No I did not have any cards written by then! I did write some last Saturday though... they might make it by Christmas even in Canada!

I only got about 1/3 of the cards done that I was going to write.. I realized I didn't have enough cards for everyone that I wanted to send one too...so rather than have to pick who would get the last 5 cards I just quit writing them much fairer! (I did buy some more so maybe today I will write the rest!)

I was listening to the radio yesterday I actually listen to a Maine station as they play better music than the local Canadian stations and heard that you can mail a Christmas card in the US on Dec 23 and it will arrive by Christmas... think it was the equivalent of Express post... but I'm not even sure that Canada post delivers mail on the 24th... fliers and things that don't have to be sorted might end up in our mailbox but real mail.....

Here's a link to my favorite 'history of' link.... the first Christmas card was sent in 1843 you can find out anything else you would like to know about Christams cards on Wikpedia.

I will continue to write Chistmas cards as long as I can buy them... I like receiving real mail... there is something about opening the first Christmas Card ... somehow it makes the Christmas season seem real! I don't mind getting cards in January... so if there is anyone out there that would like to send me a card I'll send you my address!

No comments: