Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do you have stuck beads?

I tried all my normal methods of getting this bead off of the mandrel.... soaking, soap, freezing, drumming...no go! Then I thought maybe if we could get a grip on it! I grabbed a lobster band (Large Red elastic on right) They use them to hold the lobster claws shut so that the lobsters can't grab the poor humans who have to stick their hands into the lobster tanks! For this bead the band was just too big!

So I had to resort to a standard elastic and voila the bead started to move and came off! I'm not sure that this bead really has a lot going for it but I take any bead that refuses to come off as a personal challenge.

Today's weather update... we did not get another 12 inches of snow... we only got 2 or 3 inches... Late yesterday afternoon is was like walking around in granulated sugar... it was kind of neat snow... all the dirty snow was covered.. a pretty white world... well then we got the freezing rain... so our nice granulated sugar now has a layer of ice on it ... I don't even make a dent out there... G is currently taking our grub hoe... (looks a bit like a pick axe) to our driveway.... Someone might want to go somewhere before the next time it gets above freezing!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I dont understand how putting a rubber band on the bead made it come off.....

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Lynne, I discovered this rubber band trick for silver cores... never thought of using it on a stuck bead! I put in on a silver core when it's a snug fit on a bead. Just makes it easier to handle while measuring and cutting. This is a great tip!

Islandgirl said...

The elastic gives you something to hold onto... Normally I just use a dish cloth to hold onto the bead... but you can't tell if it's the bead or the cloth that's moving as you can't see through the cloth!

Mary Q Contrarie said...

I have had to use our garden hoe more than once on the ice this winter. When will spring get here and stay???