Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bead Soup Party.... Revealing all!!!



Here's the link to our Blog Soup Chef
Lori Anderson From her 'index' you can go check out all the recipes on all the guest chef's blogs!









My partner in the bead soup party was Jo from Southampton England....
Daisychain Jewellery


This is the teaser that she posted a couple of days ago... which was quick work since she didn't get my parcel until last Friday! Wish I could hammer that neetly!




This is what I received.....
















and this is what I made....
Drumroll.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I had fun making this as Carnelian is one of my favorite gem stones... and don't you just love those leaves? An interesting point I hand cut all my rings with a jeweller's saw... often while I'm sitting in ferry line ups or the passenger seat of my husbands truck... I keep trying to tell him that I'm just increasing the value of his truck with all that silver dust in the carpet! SO far he's not buying it....
I actually have made one pair of earrings will see if I can get someone to take a picture of me wearing everything.... (that's in focus!)

Quick note I'm number 71 in the list so that you can keep on track! Here's a list of all the blogs so that you can just keep moving.... I love comments so pleas comment if you visit!

Thanks!

1. Lori, Pretty Things and the link to the party is in my sidebar
2. Mallory, For the Love of Beads
3. Terri, Blooming Ideas...You Are Here
4. Cindy, Sweet Bead Studio
5. Lorelei, Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
6. Kerry, Kabs Creative Concepts
7. Erin, Treasures Found
8. Jeannette, Jeannette Blix Wire and Metal Jewelry
9. Adrienne, Adrienne Designs
10. Nan, Spirit Rattles
11. Laurel, Rue's Daftique
12. Nancy, Beading From the Heart
13. Mary, MK's Creative Musings
14. Cassie, The Glass Beadle
15. Dot, Winchell Clayworks
16. Sharon, Sharon's Jewelry Garden
17. Lisa, Lo and Behold
18. Norma, Bead Dreams and Moonlit Fantaseas
19. Judith, Judith B.
20. Debbie, Prairie Emporium
21. Maria, Garden Path Beads
22. Susan, Kaplan Creations Jewelry and Glass Design
23. Melissa, Melissa Meman: Art, Love, Life
24. Marianna, Pretty Shiny Things
25. Lisa, Joolz by Lisa
26. Cristi, 2 If By Sea
27. Sandra, Marbella Jewelry Design
28. Maria, Greene Earth Originals
29. Barbara, Jewelry of Distinction
30. Leslie, Bei Mondi
31. Loretta, Designs by Loretta
32. Linda, Bella Bead Jewelry
33. Kathie, The Bead Cult
34. Patty, Plays With Fire
35. Nicki, Nicki's Reef
36. Anne Marie, Heart's Desire
37. Mary, Mary Harding Jewelry
38. Jayne, Mama's Got to Doodle
39. Emanda, Artemesia's Studio
40. Whitney, Whitney Lassini
41. Marcie, La Bella Joya
42. Suzann, Beadphoria
43. Jen, Jen Judd Rocks
44. Julie, Credit River Art Glass
45. Janiece, J Birds Garden
46. Kate, Organic Odysseys
47. Laurie, The Mermaid Tale
48. Michelle, My Crazy Crafty Adventure
49. Sue, Sue Beads
50. Janeen, Janeen 365
51. Nancy, The Rabbit Muse
52. Kristie, Artisan Clay
53. Regina, Regina's Writings
54. Tari, Pearl and Pebble
55. Lyn, Lyn Foley
56. Beth, Sunshine Daydreamz
57. Cathryn, Chile Cats
58. Emma, Fred Bean's Nook
59. Connie, Cetta Cheese Chatter
60. Juli, Jul's Beads
61. Julie, RockerJewlz
62. Libby, LibbyLeu and Glass Too
63. Melanie, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
64. Katie, My Life and My Beads
65. Zuleykha, Zuleykha's Polymer Clay
66. Rekella, Me But a Little More in Depth
67. Ricki, What's New at Ricki Voges Design
68. Lisa, Lucid Moon Studio
69. Jo, Daisychain Jewellery
70. Lynette, Rock Hill Designs
71. Lynne, Island Girl's Insights
72. Chas, One Woman's Haven
73. Chas, One Woman's Haven
74. Ruthie, Rose Works Jewelry
75. Elizabeth, Turquoise Sky
76. Maire, Maire Dodd
77. Janet, Singing Woods
78. Eileen, Dorset Hill Beads
79. Julie, Miss Kitten's Jewels
80. Joann, Jo's Jewels
81. Patti, PJ Clark Designs
82. Mel, Kookie Designs
83. Erin, Every Heart Crafts
84. Dale, Flights of Fancy
85. Dee, Runako Designs

45 comments:

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I LOVE the chainmaille! You got some great goodies, and did such a great job with them. Congrats!

Eileen said...

beautiful...i love what you created...looks delicious...

Cathryn said...

Very creative! That's a fun piece to wear! I love those leaves and how you designed them with carnelian. Gives it an autumn feel completely!

DVArtist said...

Hey!!! Your piece is beautiful. I love it.

Nicole/Beadwright

melanie brooks said...

ooh, chain maille! I love all the silver of the leaves and clasp and your jump rings, with that pop of color! very nice

Juli Cannon said...

The chainmaille is perfect with those leaves. Beautifully done!

Terri said...

Drum roll indeed ...beautiful!

Lisa said...

Great work! Love the leaves and the carnelian together.

Katie said...

lovely! I love the chainmaille...something I haven't tried yet, but I love seeing what everyone else does with it!

Pretty Things said...

Oh my, I LOVE chain maille, and you did a great job! What a wonderful creation!

Thanks for being a part of the party — we’ll do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!

Michelle Mach said...

Love the chainmaille! You did a beautiful job highlighting those great leaves!

Rickie said...

Such a pretty necklace--delightful!

Susan said...

Beautiful piece! Love your design.

TesoriTrovati said...

Those leaves are so great! I love the chain maille that you did. I took a class at Bead & Button last year and really enjoyed it. Would love to do more. Not that interested in cutting my own rings, though! Thanks for sharing this heaping serving of great soup! Be sure to stop by and taste some of mine. Enjoy the day! Erin

Jen Judd said...

Lovely! The chainmaille combined with the stones is very cool! Plus, I love the visual of a morning commute with a lapful of silver and tools!! haaaaaaa

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love the chainmaille and how you put it all together.

Mermaid Glass said...

That turned out so pretty. The chainmaille is gorgeous! I wish I had the patience.

Unknown said...

I am in total awe of your chainmaille, beautiful work

EmandaJ said...

Yummo! I adore carnelian -- it is so "warm". Beautiful answer to the modern components with the ancient chainmaile additions.

Hasn't this been fun?

Emanda
www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

Loretta said...

What a beautiful necklace. You do great work.

Barbara Lewis said...

A beautiful piece. Love the colors and I also am a fan of carnelian. But I bet this piece sings when you walk!

Patty said...

Lynn, this is fabulous! Your chainmaille work is just the right accent to the rest of the piece. Nicely done. :-)

Unknown said...

Now that is STUNNING!!! Wow thats really beautiful!!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Lynne... you did a wonderful job w/ Jo's soup mix.

Dee said...

oh la la...beautiful color pallet and beautiful finished piece!! I love love love the colors in this necklace...gimme!!

Kella said...

I love it, it has a grown up whimsical feel to it, sweet!

Kate said...

Great design! I love all your chainmaille work!

Hope you are enjoying the Party!
Kate ~
Organic Odysseys #46 Bead Souper

Spirited Earth said...

oh chainmaille..love it ..love the leaves..love the orange

Nancy said...

I love the leaves on this necklace. The balance of the necklace is just perfect. It is such a lovely piece!

Fredbean's Nook said...

Look at all those rings you created. A beautiful design and so creative... just yummy ;0)

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the byzantine! So creative!! The colors are amazing. Did you shape the leaves some too? Great work!!

Islandgirl said...

No the leaves were used exactly as I received them... the solder loops were part of them too! I kept taking elements on and off trying to get the perfect balance amongst the 'dangles'!!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Beautiful :D

Erin Siegel said...

Great piece! Love your chain maille work!

Libby Leuchtman said...

Wow just wow, the colors are like the soup I got and I love what you did with yours! You did such a great job.

Patti said...

Beautiful and fun!

Nicki said...

I recently made a necklace that looks quite similar - obviously wothout those pretty leaves and without chainmaille (since I don't have this capabilities). I should send you a picture.

Round Rabbit said...

I love how you worked this necklace out! Very nice! :)

lisa oram said...

I think you are the only person at the party who did chainmaille! One day i am going to get up my courage and try it. I cut some jump rings for my Party piece, and they were a disaster, so I can't imagine how you do it with a saw in a vehicle - sounds mighty dangerous, even if not moving. Love your final product. Bravo to you!

Lynette said...

Beautiful, bright and cheery! Love it...

Anonymous said...

very pretty design!

SueBeads said...

Wow, very nice! Love the chainmaille!

Regina said...

Beautiful, great necklace. Lots of warm color, with the silver leaves. It's thanksgiving! Lovely!

Cindy said...

What a goreous necklace! And I love that you used chainmaille - sure made your piece one of a kind. I would really like to try my hand and learn how to do that some day too!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com