Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 24, 2011

Starving Jewelry Artist Carnival Blog.... " using other people's work in my Jewellery!"

When I first saw the topic for this month I thought to myself well I don't do that...  Sure I buy lots of other peoples beads but I don't use them....  You wouldn't believe the beads that I have in this house!  But ... the Monthly Challenge is 'Using Pearls in your Work'  I use pearls and I don't make them so I guess I do use other 'creatures' work... Since I'm not sure that I would call a mollusk a 'people'...

                                                      Lampwork and coin pearl bracelet
                                               Beaded Bead Pearl balls & sterling chain earrings
                          A wire wrapped piece I bought in Hawaii that I made a hand knotted pearl 'chain' for


AND my favorite toggles are hill tribe or Bali silver...

although I have started making my own toggles (mainly in copper so far)...

Then there are bead soup parties....  I got these gorgeous sterling leaves in this necklace from Jo of Daisy Chain Jewellery ... Yes I do cut my own rings and make my own chain maille




So yes I guess I do use other 'people's' work to compliment my lampwork beads.... and I use seed beads to make beaded beads.. I just  didn't have enough lampwork beads in this house I needed a few drawers of seed beads to keep them happy!
Check out the Starving Jewelry Artists Blog here

And other participants in this Carnival blog will be added as they go live!

10 comments:

kath001 said...

Beautiful! I have lots of beads, and I hardly ever make anything with them. I admire your handmade beads so much.

Right now, my office/craft room is such an unorganized mess that I don't think I could find all the tools and components needed to put anything together. I bought three shelf units today that may help with that, but I still need to purge a lot also.

Islandgirl said...

I spent Wed afternoon assembling a shelving unit in the front hall! It looks lovely... but it's still empty... It's purpose in life is to get the gallery overflow off of the living room rug...

My bead room has no hope!

Caron Michelle said...

I love your jewellery and how you have utilised other mediums and artists works within your own, beautiful - the first necklace is divine!

Cat said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very nice jewelry, love the knotted pearl necklace with the Hawaiian pendant.

BluMoon said...

Wow you have been busy since you got back!
Jackie

DawninCal said...

Your work using other creatures' and other peoples' work is absolutely wonderful.

Good luck filling those shelves!

Jeanne said...

Fruits of the sea! Beautiful baubles. :) I have a collection, but it's hodge podge, I bet I don't hold a candle to some of you folks who've been at this a lot longer than I have! hehehe

brokenteepee said...

Those mollusks work hard at covering that grit for you. Honor the pearl...
heh

Happileerving said...

Your work is beautiful. I think the pearls make a great complement to your lamp work. Hill Tribes silver components are some of my favorites too.