Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fly Me To The Moon... Starving Artist July Jewellery Challenge

When I first read about this months Starving Artist Jewellery Challenge...  I just noticed that it was a lunar challenge... It wasn't until I had the focal bead made that I noticed the title on the thread was 'Fly Me To The Moon'  So I made a bunch of liitle copper rockets... but no matter how hard I tried to incorporate them into the necklace... my little copper rockets screamed TACKY...  so they were removed and turned into a pair of rocket and moonstone earrings...

The pendant is my attempt/version of wire wrapping, the chain is copper sheet copper wire and 5  flame enamelled beads... big yellow full moon beads!

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

I love those moon beads. I think I have one left from the bunch I bought from a woman in Germany

Karen Williams said...

Wow, these beads are gorgeous! Is the dark blue and white focal bead a full sphere or an oval? I can't quite tell from the picture. (I love it either way)

Islandgirl said...

Thanks the Focal bead is flat... It was flattened with ice tongs... button or lentil!