Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 Feel The Love

Focusing on Life Week 6, 2nd  weekend in February...  Tomorrow (Feb 10) is actually my wedding anniversary... We eloped on my father's 65th birthday  (1989) I decided that I was going to use the wedding ring quilt pattern before I realized the significance of the date!  Since I'm not somewhere that I can take pictures of a wedding ring quilt I built a facsimilie on the beach out of shells.. I tried to draw one in the sand first but drawing two round rings the same size was impossible!


Of course these could also be Venn diagrams... which I truly have NO love for!


Two monkey sshowing the love for each other...Probably a mother white face capuchin Monkey with her 'baby' They don't really like the humans and break off branches and hurl them at you!

To see other blogs check out Sally Russicks post at Studio Sublime.

18 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

Ah, the beach and shells! Great shot. I have seen some spectacular wedding ring quilts! Thanks for sharing!

SummersStudio said...

That's fantastic that you created your own wedding ring quilt in shells. I love that.

The Cabby Crafter said...

Oh... Your story sounds fun, exciting and truly memorable.
Happy wedding anniversary! Michelle #20

Claire said...

a gorgeous pic, and happy anniversary for tomorrow :)
happy saturday!
no. 18

Mary K. McGraw said...

Happy Anniversary. Like how you made the wedding rings out of shells.

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh boy those monkey's don't look too happy with you! but love the shells on the beach ... great pics!

Annette said...

Happy anniversary! What a creative and fun way to show the wedding ring quilt!

Beti Horvath said...

Sweet photo when you know the story! And you know that a Venn diagram of love between two people would also look like that. Two individuals, overlapping!

brokenteepee said...

Happy Anniversary. I love your shells on the beach. That monkey looks a bit touched....

Honey from the Bee said...

Your post made me laugh! Happy Anniversary! Your photo would make a lovely card!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Great idea for showing your endless love.

Bits of Learning said...

Lynne, I love the seashell pattern you made in the sand, I love the wedding ring pattern. Happy Anniversary!

I enjoy reading your posts each week, I love the way you write!

Tanya said...

Happy anniversary. I love the wedding ring shells. One day, you will have to post a photo of the quilt as well.

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Lovely photo! Wishing you a happy anniversary!

CraftyHope said...

I'm really taken with your wedding ring pattern in the sand. Of course, I have a great love for most anything beach related, so this sand and shell pattern really speaks to me. Beautifully done!

Karen Williams said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Here's wishing the two of you many more. :)

Thanks for sharing! I love your wedding rings in the sand!

Shel said...

Happy Anniversary!! My hubby and I have a wedding ring quilt and I think you did an awesome job replicating the pattern on the beach! The monkeys are funny - but lovely none the less! :-)

Cyndi J said...

A belated Happy Anniversary! The shells totally look like a wedding ring quilt pattern to me. So sweet.