Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 4, 2014

Week 27 ~ Celebration

Today is the 4th of July, so all the American's are celebrating today... However Tuesday was Canada Day here... but I live on a small Canadian island right on the border so here we have a  4 day celebration... 

However at the moment we are under a hurricane/tropical storm watch as the first named hurricane fo the year  Arthur is howling up the East Coast... Usually they head out to sea before they get here... ie they don't follow the forecast path.... 

So what else is there to celebrate this week....
My peony  ... this is the first time my peony has bloomed in about 5 years normally it gets buds and they go moldy and I get no flowers!
I wired up a few pendants... A black cat (found this bead in a purse), a green flower bead made with copper slug mesh, and a tribute to the east coast sardine industry "Fresh from the Weir"

And the day I read  what this weeks prompt was going to be  I won a bracelet from Kathleen's blog Four Miles North Of Nowhere (I started reading her blog because that's where I've always thought I lived!)
http://fourmilesnorthofnowhere.blogspot.ca/2014/07/giveaway-winner-announcement_1.html
To see what other people are celebrating this week click on the inlinks link below!


8 comments:

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Oh my - that peony is certainly a cause for celebration - how gorgeous. We actually had some storms here in AZ as well last night. I think some of the fireworks had to be cancelled due to possible fire danger with the high winds. Hopefully, we'll have a quiet weather day today.

Beti Horvath said...

Beautiful shot of your peony! I am glad you got to enjoy it before the storm hits!

Bobbie said...

The peony is gorgeous! I was so excited to plant a couple of peony bushes at our former house -- less excited when the neighbor kid mowed right over them! Hope the storm misses you completely!

brokenteepee said...

What a lovely prize! Your peony is beautiful

Annette said...

Peonies are one of my favorites and yours is gorgeous!! Arthur missed us but we sure had a windy day today. I hope he misses you too.

Mary K. McGraw said...

Last year it rained all of the weekend of the 4th and really for a good part of the month. It really puts a damper on the fireworks, etc. Hope the storm passes you by.

Love photo of the peony.

Shel said...

What a gorgeous photo of the peony! Glad it bloomed for you - it's awesome. Glad you got to enjoy it before the storms hi. And those art bead pendants are just super - love those!

Cindys Art + Soul said...

Beautiful peony! I love them, and have always wanted to have some in my garden. One day I will buy myself one! :-D Great way to spend the 4th!